× Members

PIP Mess!! :(

More
6 years 9 months ago #193896 by Binky
PIP Mess!! :( was created by Binky
I was requested to apply for PIP after being on DLA indefinitely. I sent off the forms and had a home visit from someone from ATOS. This lady lied on her assessment of me and I was refused PIP as a result. She also failed to add certain things that I had told her about my illnesses. I was on the higher rate of mobility and the lower rate for care under the DLA scheme. Now I am awarded nothing.
On being notified of this, I appealed asking for a Mandatory Reconsideration. I was sent the relevant paperwork and called the PIP people as I have a hand injury and am unable to put the appeal in writing.
I was given a date that they would call me to discuss the reconsideration and I spoke with a man on June 16th. I explained everything in detail to him and spent about 45 minutes on the phone with him discussing my situation in detail. He told me that this would then go to the decision maker and to give it a few weeks before I can expect to hear anything.
Fast forward to today, 5 weeks on and I'd not heard anything. So I called PIP and was told that this man (Roger) who I spoke to, had closed the case on the 16th June, the very day I spoke to him!! I'd had no letter informing me of this and there is nothing on their records to even show that a letter was even sent to me!!
As a result, I'm now unable to take this further to a tribunal because I'd need the letter stating I was refused the PIP reconsideration. The lady I spoke to today said she would put in another Mandatory Reconsideration again and I'd again have to wait for the decision maker to decide whether I'll be awarded anything!!
This whole thing has stressed me out and has me worried, scared and totally confused as to what my right are and what I can do next?
Please, if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #193924 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Mess!! :(
Binky

I'm afraid there is little you can do other than make a formal complaint

Complaining to the DWP

You can try involving your MP, they may be able to get the DWP to prioritise your MR, but as this is a legal process, your MP may be unwilling to interfere.

Your appeal remain intact.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.