× Members

Income Support query

More
6 years 8 months ago #194362 by Robinson_jon
Income Support query was created by Robinson_jon
Hi guys

Quick query regarding Income Support application.

Me: Enhanced PIP (DL), Standard PIP (mobility)
Partner: Enhanced PIP (DL), Enhanced PIP (mobility)

I recently made an online application for Carers Allowance to care for my partner. Following that, I attempted to apply for Income Support, as checks on Turn2Us and EntitledTo both said I qualify. I also checked the rules (edited from Turn2us) :

"people who regularly care for someone who is getting Attendance Allowance, the highest or middle rate care component of Disability Living Allowance, either daily living component of Personal Independence Payment or Armed Forces Independence Payment

The person at the call centre said I wasn't entitled to IS because my CA claim hadn't been processed yet, however any info I can see says otherwise. I've also seen information that says I can claim IS for 26 weeks if someone has made a claim for PIP, DLA or AA.

Has the DWP person given me the wrong info? Can I claim now under the DWP info pasted above?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194383 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Income Support query
JS

You are correct in regard the qualifying criteria although it might be simpler to wait for the CA claim to be accepted and then to claim the IS, it should be possible to backdate it to the same date as CA.

If you want to push for the claim now then you need to refer them to Chapter 20 paragraph 20116 and following

www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/upl...e/597625/dmgch20.pdf

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robinson_jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.