× Members

PIP & home adaptations since assessment,

More
6 years 8 months ago #194749 by LondonLady12
PIP & home adaptations since assessment, was created by LondonLady12
I have had some home adaptions done to my home since I was assessed & awarded PIP and I'm wondering do I need to inform them that I've had a disabled shower put in since my assessment as I got points for struggling to get in and out of the bath unassisted? I still have mobility issues and have to be careful showering so will it make a difference? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194753 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP & home adaptations since assessment,

LondonLady12 wrote: I have had some home adaptions done to my home since I was assessed & awarded PIP and I'm wondering do I need to inform them that I've had a disabled shower put in since my assessment as I got points for struggling to get in and out of the bath unassisted? I still have mobility issues and have to be careful showering so will it make a difference? Thanks

No you don't, the test is whether you can use an unadapted bath or shower, you don't actually have to have one of these in your home to score.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 8 months ago #194867 by LondonLady12
Replied by LondonLady12 on topic PIP & home adaptations since assessment,
Thanks for clarifying Gordon, I was just worried as it said at the end of the PIP letters changes you must tell us about and I didn't know if this was one so thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.