× Members

Question on travel to assesssment or home visit

More
6 years 8 months ago #194809 by Chrissy
90 odd percent of the time I am housebound.
I get my shopping delivered or someone gets it for me.
I can only go out with people and its only certain people, I am very socially isolated.

I don't know if I am eligilble for a home visit.

I daren't go to the assessment on my own, I need moral support, but the thought of the train journey there and back just adds stress that I don;t know if I can cope with.

I don't know if they lay a taxi on for certain people and if I would be eligible and if so, how do i go about asking?
Also, if they do let me have a taxi, as I want someone to sit in with me on the assessment and take notes, will they let that other person come in the taxi with me as they have no transport?

MAny thanks and sorry for all the ?'s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194832 by Gordon
Chrissy

If you are hoping for a home assessment you will need the support of your GP to write to the Assessment Provider explaining why you cannot attend at their offices.

The issue of your attending alone is dependant on your conditions, if you suffer from Social Anxiety or a similar condition then you need to think about how you would cope being alone with the assessor and what assumptions they might make if you do. It may be that your conditions would allow this because of the circumstances where they might not if they were different, the key thing is to explain.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

More
6 years 8 months ago #194833 by Chrissy
Hi Gordon
I have to return the esa50 by first of September.
I think a friend may be able to drive me there but she is away 2 weeks in September. I have another question please.
Is there any chance the face to face appointment will take place in September?
Or, does it usually take longer for them to invite you to the face to face?
I'm asking as I would rather be driven to the assessment appointment if I can't get GP to send the request.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194854 by Gordon
Chrissy

Say that you are unavailable for those weeks in your ESA50 (Other Information), however, I think it very unlikely that you will hear that quickly, there are considerable delays in the ESA process and members have reported waiting six months of more for a appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chrissy

More
6 years 8 months ago #194868 by Chrissy
Thank you for this information Gordon, I really appreciate it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.