× Members

Home Medical For PIP

More
6 years 8 months ago #194811 by JM1970
Home Medical For PIP was created by JM1970
I am transferring from indefinite DLA to PIP. The DWP received my form on July the 26th. I received a letter today dated August 1st saying I have a home assessment on the 14th.Would this indicate they haven't read my form given the quick turn around?
I have read the medical assessment section in the guide. What should I expect at a home assessment? Do they inspect the house and check all my aids and appliances?(!)
I noted the booklet sent with the letter stated I get to choose which room of my house I have the medical in. As I'm bedridden 16 to 24 hours a day naturally I'll opt for my bedroom. Is it allowed for my carer to greet the assessor at my door and send them up to my bedroom? Or do I "have to" let the assessor in myself.
I notice they say they'll arrive between 10 and 12. Is it possible to phone and get a more specific time?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #194835 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Medical For PIP
JM

Quite the opposite, they would not have offered a home assessment without reading your form and anything attached.

They may ask to see any adaptions or aids that you have, but based on feedback from the forum it's quite unlikely. They are a visitor in your home so it's entirely up to you where you allow them to go, if anywhere.

You carer can answer the door and show then assessor to the room.

You can try phoning for a more accurate time, but as you are unlikely to be their first appointment that day it will likely be dependant on how early or late they are running.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JM1970

More
6 years 8 months ago #194874 by JM1970
Replied by JM1970 on topic Home Medical For PIP
Thanks. I did try phoning for a more accurate time and was told the assessor tries to get there as close to 10 as possible but it could be between 10 and 12 as you say depending on their previous appointment.

It says in the booklet I can't ask the DWP for the medical report until I receive their decision on my PIP. Is this true?

More
6 years 8 months ago #194880 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home Medical For PIP

JM1970 wrote: It says in the booklet I can't ask the DWP for the medical report until I receive their decision on my PIP. Is this true?

No, you can contact the DWP office dealing with your claim a couple of days after the assessment and ask for a copy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: JM1970

More
6 years 8 months ago #194897 by JM1970
Replied by JM1970 on topic Home Medical For PIP
Thanks. Yes I thought I'd heard you say that on here before. Strange how ATOS say I have to wait for the DWP decision in their booklet.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.