× Members

pip re-assessment

More
6 years 8 months ago #195808 by Logan2
pip re-assessment was created by Logan2
hi all, i have now been a subscriber to this fantastic forum for 2 years now, i have never asked anything as reading the information on here is more than helpful and it has made very interesting reading,
my question today is i have been awarded lower rate pip for my heart and back condition,
many years ago i worked in the ship yards and had an accident which caused a back injury and neck injury which over the years have started to become really bad to the point sometimes i cat even get out of bed, now 2 years ago i was finding it very difficult to walk up the stairs i had to stop as it felt i was running a marathon, so i went to the doctors and after a years worth of scans tests it was discovered i was in the early stages of heart failure, then as time went on my hands and arms have started to spasm and anything i was holding hot coffee or bag of sugar went every where so another scan revealed i have a little bit of bone floating up and down my spinal canal which every now and then touches a nerve as my doctor told me causing the spasm, i am also a diabetic type 2 with pains in my feet with pain out of this world, so i went back to see my doctor for a stronger pain killer for my back and neck and i am now on oramorph, which i must admit works better than the buramorphine i was on, if you looked at me you,d say i looked fine but as i,ve said before looks are very deceiving, my question is could i put in for a higher rate of pip? i am already on the lower rate, i have a blue badge and my mobility is becoming quite hard in recent months. i am sorry for this big write up but just needed to let you see the bigger picture, i appreciate any information. logan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #195844 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip re-assessment
Logan

So you are saying that your conditions have deteriorated since you received your current award?

You can report a deterioration, this will result in a full reassessment of your claim, new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment.

I would recommend that you have a good look at the PIP Claim guide before proceeding, a deterioration does not always translate in to the extra points you need for a higher award. and you should be sire that can score those extra points before you contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Logan2

More
6 years 8 months ago #195932 by Logan2
Replied by Logan2 on topic pip re-assessment
Hi Gordon, thank you for your reply, about 5 months ago my back just completely went i was in bed unable to move for the agony, as the time went on its slowly becoming worse to the point 2 and ahalf weeks ago it did it again but this time the pain was horrendous my wife rang the doctor i spoke to her breifly and she gave me dyazapan, now i went to see the doctor last week and asked for a stronger pain killer as now my left shoulder and neck with pins and needles in my hands started, the doctor i seen said: (its quite complex what you have) but never elaborated on it and gave me a prescription for oramorph. it was quite late when i typed my question up to you, i appreciate your help on this. and very well done to you all i,ve read the highs and lows of others and all of you deserve a medal. many thanks logan.

More
6 years 8 months ago #195947 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic pip re-assessment
Hi Logan,

You should be aware that when you report a deterioration you should talk about your condition as it is for the majority of the time. The PIP guide explains how to deal with fluctuating conditions.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Logan2

More
6 years 8 months ago #196019 by Logan2
Replied by Logan2 on topic pip re-assessment
Hi Mrs Hurtyback, i appreciate your comment, i have had a look, i think i am due for a review next year so it maybe worth just waiting for the review as they came out to the house to see me, in the meantime i intend to grab a mug of coffee and do some more reading on your help section.
i really do appreciate your help and gordons help on this so a BIG THANK YOU to you both. Logan. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.