× Members

Help needed for PIP MR

More
6 years 7 months ago #196325 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Help needed for PIP MR
I am sorry to hear about your fall, it must have seemed like the last straw at the moment! :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help needed for PIP MR

Windy wrote: Yes, it did more or less rubber stamp what they put on the original except for adding the 2 extra points where they had missed that she gave me 8 for walking without an aid and yet put all the way through that I was walking with a stick. They still did not give me anything for the walking very slowly or that my balance is not good.

I fell badly yesterday and cannot get about at all at the moment.

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #196345 by Windy
Replied by Windy on topic Help needed for PIP MR
Thank you for your help but I think I will accept what I was given as I would be worried that even that would be taken away. I do think I meet the criteria as not being able to walk safely, (my balance isn't good, even the HP put that several times on the assessment report, although not in the mobility section where it mattered), reliably (I fall a lot), repeatedly (when my knee has locked, it drags and I have to stop), or in a timely manner (I can only walk very slowly). As you said, it would go against me that I make trips outside, only to places I can get to easily by car, and aslo get taken to the supermarket where my friend does most of the shopping for me while I sit and wait by the checkouts. I have to go up and down the stairs at home as that is where my bedroom and toilet is, I have to stop 2-3 times on the way up and lean on the rail to get down but as the DWP takes this as the equivalent of walking 50 metres, I would be in for a losing battle. If the HP had written even half of what I told her, it might have been a different story.
I doubt a letter from my GP would be a lot of good as he has only seen me walking the short corridor to his surgery, he has not seen me struggling with kerbs etc but apparently they are not taken into consideration either. Nor is the fact that cold damp weather affects arthritis sufferers badly.
I did want to fight it but probably no point.
I wonder though if the HPs ever think what problems/how much money they cost people who need it for the sake of them getting their bonus for marking people down? It certainly isn't a fair system. I am sure if I had of applied for the old DLA, I would have got the higher rate for both.
I am dreading having to go for another f2f for the review in a couple of years. I was awarded standard in both until July 2020, but understand they often call people up a year before their original award runs out.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196358 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Help needed for PIP MR
Windy

If you change your mind then you can request an appeal up to 13 months after the date of the Decision, just be aware that they can only consider your limitations as they were when the Decision was made, so if your conditions worsen then this would not be considered.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.