× Members

ESA mental health medical

• Erica Graham-Brown
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #196058 by Erica Graham-Brown
ESA mental health medical was created by Erica Graham-Brown
Hi apologies if this has been raised many times before. I have anxiety & depression together with associated physical problems.
I have been in the support group for the last 3 years & had to attend a medical for ESA at the begining of August. The examiner had seen me before and was (although I didn't realise at the time) being very kind. I was told that my mental health wasn't enough anymore & that we needed to focus on one physical condition. Well they were correct I've been put back in the support group for another year. Has anyone else found that mental health issues don't count? I'm sort of relieved but it really is the combination of problems that stops me from being able to work. Dreading having to jump hoops again next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #196069 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA mental health medical
Thanks for letting us know your news, what great subject for your first post on the forum! :)

The assessor was mistaken, it is still perfectly possible to gain an ESA award due to mental health problems. However, it does give a worrying insight into how they are assessing people with these problems :(

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by slugsta.

• Erica Graham-Brown
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #196084 by Erica Graham-Brown
Replied by Erica Graham-Brown on topic ESA mental health medical
Thank you That's good to hear that mental health problems are still recognised.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.