× Members

ESA support group..how to pass medical assesment

More
6 years 7 months ago #196460 by nixart
I wonder if you can help? I may have an upcoming medical assesment.
I suffer from depression and one minute I appear normal like anyone else and the next minute I can lay on the floor short of breath, how can I possibly pass the assesment if I am well on that day.
Lastly can you remind me of the disadvantages of having a home visit .
thank you so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196472 by Gordon

nixart wrote: I wonder if you can help? I may have an upcoming medical assesment.
I suffer from depression and one minute I appear normal like anyone else and the next minute I can lay on the floor short of breath, how can I possibly pass the assesment if I am well on that day.
Lastly can you remind me of the disadvantages of having a home visit .
thank you so much

You need to explain how you are the majority of the time, as you appear to be in the SG then you should assume that this has been considered in the past and you have received an award so it may not be the problem that you think it is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #196499 by nixart
Thank you ! I havent had an assessment for abot 5 or 7 years..any idea why ? Will that go to my advantage.

So if iam ill for 40% of the time and ok ish for 60% then I would likely fail the assessment ?

Sorry mate..iam finding this all very difficult

More
6 years 7 months ago #196514 by Gordon
nixart

Eash assessment is a view of your conditions at that time so not being reassessed for some time would not be a factor.

If you are not affected for the majority of the time then you are unlikely to score.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: nixart

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.