× Members

ESA benifits stopping

More
6 years 7 months ago #196490 by riker
ESA benifits stopping was created by riker
I have just heard a rumor that in October all benifits are stopping and everyone is being reassessed to move to UC. Both myself and my wife are disabled but only she can claim anything as only one person per household can claim ESA, they just pay my stamp and I get DLA but nothing else. my wife is in the support group so we would be greatful for any help or advice about this matter and if it even applies to the support group at all. My wife also gets child tax credits and DLA which we have heard are stopping in October also, Is this just hearsay or are the gouverment not telling people that this is about to happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196509 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA benifits stopping
M

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

What you have heard is rubbish, at the most Universal Credit may be going live in your area but there are no plans to migrate existing claimants to UC for at least several years and possibly longer.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: riker

More
6 years 7 months ago #196519 by David
Replied by David on topic ESA benifits stopping
Have you tried putting your details into one of the on line benefits calculators ? to see if there is any other assistance you could get

More
6 years 7 months ago #196526 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA benifits stopping

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.