× Members

income related ESA3 not assessed for it till now

More
6 years 7 months ago #196732 by angelcarol
any exeperience on filling in ESA income related. when i crossed over from ICB to ESA it was missed off and they believe i am owed this missing payment. HOWEVER I am worried that it puts my current contribution based in jeaopordy coz if i send this in DO THEY RE-ASSESS EVERYTHING, i cant cope with the stress and fear again so i dont want to just fill it in coz of the money an independant welfare person at macmillan suggested it to me? are they really independent or am i being set up, its so awful that i dont trust other people in this way i really dont like how this makes me feel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196744 by Gordon
angelcarol

All they will be assessing is your financial situation since you were moved to ES, it is not a reassessment of your eligibility for ESA in the first place.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcarol

More
6 years 7 months ago #196866 by angelcarol
Replied by angelcarol on topic income related ESA3 not assessed for it till now
i felt sure i saw in one of the esa files that if you make any changes to your claim then you risk everything being re-assessed again. so that isnt the case? they are separate.

More
6 years 7 months ago #196894 by Gordon

angelcarol wrote: i felt sure i saw in one of the esa files that if you make any changes to your claim then you risk everything being re-assessed again. so that isnt the case? they are separate.

A reassessment should only be done if the claimant reports a change in their condition.

The financial assessment they are trying to do only effects the payments that you receive not the actual award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: angelcarol

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.