× Members

When a PIP f2f is stopped early

More
6 years 7 months ago #197026 by Running_on_mt
When a PIP f2f is stopped early was created by Running_on_mt
Just to ask, if there any situations whereby the reason for stopping a PIP f2f early can legally be changed? In my case, it was stopped early due to the reason given to me verbally by the Assessor that it was too stressful for me and would continue as a paper-based Assessment, I wouldn't have another f2f, and I would hear the decision in a few weeks.
However, 2 months went by without hearing further, & without any reference to the f2f visit I had, I received a repeat letter for a second f2f! I first thought it must have been lost from the system, but calling the helpline showed the visit recorded, but couldn't get a definite explanation for the second f2f, though I understand no formal request for a paper-based review was made at any stage. It was wondered whether it had something to do with my 'friend' not being present, but with less than 24 hours' notice, that was not possible, but I had said at the time it was OK at my home, which was agreed, whereupon a home visit was arranged, and proceeded with.
So I don't know what I am left to think. With thanks for any comment, as I wonder if there has either been a terrible mistake or misunderstanding.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197062 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When a PIP f2f is stopped early

Running_on_mt wrote: Just to ask, if there any situations whereby the reason for stopping a PIP f2f early can legally be changed?

I'm afraid not, none of the decisions that the Assessment Provider makes have a right of appeal, all you can do is make a complaint.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Running_on_mt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.