× Members

Tribunal for PIP

More
6 years 7 months ago #197093 by braveheart
Tribunal for PIP was created by braveheart
Hi. I will be putting that I will attend the tribunal but I suffer from conditions that on the day may make it hard for me to attend. In this case, what would happen if I couldn't go, would they still do the tribunal and go on the notes that I have submitted? If I did go but was very distressed and left, would this go against me? It is very hard how to do this, as I know that tribunals go in the claimant's favour more often when they are not done on paper alone. Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197099 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal for PIP

braveheart wrote: Hi. I will be putting that I will attend the tribunal but I suffer from conditions that on the day may make it hard for me to attend. In this case, what would happen if I couldn't go, would they still do the tribunal and go on the notes that I have submitted? If I did go but was very distressed and left, would this go against me? It is very hard how to do this, as I know that tribunals go in the claimant's favour more often when they are not done on paper alone. Thanks for your help

The judge on the day can decide to go ahead with the hearing in your absence, providing they are satisfied that there is sufficient information in your papers to allow a Decision to be made, otherwise they may adjourn the hearing to allow you to attend again.

If you are unable to complete the hearing then I would not expect it to count against you, rather it would supportive of your problems as you have listed them.

Don't forget you can have someone with you at the hearing if it will help, even if it is just to offer moral support.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #197114 by braveheart
Replied by braveheart on topic Tribunal for PIP
Thank you Gordon. I really don't know what I am going to do to be honest. I am at breaking point and can see no way out of this DWP inflicted torment. Is there any way I can contact someone to help on here without it appearing on the forum? Thanks for your help

More
6 years 7 months ago #197122 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal for PIP
braveheart

There is no facility for us to be contacted directly however we can make your post confidential, which means that only the Moderators and you can see the content.

If this is satisfactory then make it clear at the top of your post that you want this done and we will update your post to hide what you have written before we approve it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.