× Members

Esa and bank statement request

More
6 years 7 months ago #197111 by Confused.com
Esa and bank statement request was created by Confused.com
Hi we are currently in receipt of IB Esa and hubbie is due for his face to face on 25th but today he has received a letter stating that every year they look at what savings and property we may have that may affect our allowance it gives the amounts held in accounts as of last year which is now much less and for him to send in recent bank statements as I'm on his claim I rang them to see if they wanted a copy of my account too as it wasn't requested. They advised they had not seen anything since 31/8/16 but we attended a customer compliance interview in October 16 and provided statements then too which was all ok, sorry to go on but I'm not sure what this all means and how many months statements should we provide thanks for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197118 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa and bank statement request
Confused.com

The Compliance team are separate from the DWP office that deals with your claims on a day to day basis, so it's not surprising that the information that you supplied to them is not available to people asking now.

I would supply everything since 31/8/16 including your own accounts, include a letter explicitly listing the information included, if you can send it using a tracked post so that you have proof of delivery.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #197151 by Confused.com
Replied by Confused.com on topic Esa and bank statement request
Thanks Gordon
The letter only asks for latest bank statements and doesn't give a date they want to receive them by is this a normal practise
Kind regards

More
6 years 7 months ago #197173 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa and bank statement request

Confused.com wrote: Thanks Gordon
The letter only asks for latest bank statements and doesn't give a date they want to receive them by is this a normal practise
Kind regards

I don't think that there is a "normal practice" in this situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.