× Members

Successful new PIP claim

More
6 years 7 months ago #197203 by David
Successful new PIP claim was created by David
Just had the results of my friends first PIP claim which gave her enhanced for both components.
She lives alone and gets ESA(IR)
Can you tell me
a) when is her award backdated to ? is it the date of the claim ?
b) I believe she is now entitled to SDP and EDP. If so when is this backdated to ?

Thanks as always
D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Successful new PIP claim
David

Congratulations to your friend.

If the PIP was a new claim with no DLA in payment then it should be backdated to the date the claim was made, if it replaced a DLA award then the Decision Notice will give the date that the award starts from.

Both the EDP and SDP will be payable from the date the PIP claim starts or when her ESA claim started, whichever is the later.

To receive the SDP she will need to live alone or be considered as living alone and no one must be claiming Carers Allowance for her. The DWP may contact her about the SDP but if they don't then she needs to contact them, there is a simple form that needs to be completed, it can be done over the phone.

If she is in the Support Group then she will already be receiving the EDP, it cannot be paid twice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.