× Members

PIP1 not returned; PIP2 form ?shortened deadline

More
6 years 7 months ago #197241 by Francisca
Hello, this time seeking help for my sister's DLA to PIP claim. They (partner) phoned to make the claim on September 4th. In your guide it says "Once you have completed the telephone interview you will be sent a copy of the completed form to check, sign and return."

1)She has not received this form to sign. Has the procedure changed and if not, what should they do about this?

2)However, today they have received a PIP1003 form which stated that the date the form must be back is October 4th, which is only three weeks. They were told during the phonecall that the four weeks dates from the phonecall but it might take two weeks for the form to be sent out. This surely can't be correct? I can't find anything in your own guide, but CAB says "You must send back the form within 1 month of the date on the letter from the DWP that comes with your claim form. The actual deadline will be on the letter too."

What exactly are therules for time limits and PIP1 forms?

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197247 by Gordon
Toadlet

1. The PIP1 is now only sent if there are outstanding questions with the content.

2. The PIP1003 needs to be back with the DWP by the date on the accompanying letter, if you need it then you can request an extension by contacting the DWP. an extra two weeks should not be a problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Francisca

More
6 years 7 months ago #197271 by Francisca
Replied by Francisca on topic PIP1 not returned; PIP2 form ?shortened deadline
Hello Gordon...

So, where it says on the DWP page "You must send back the form within 1 month of the date on the letter from the DWP that comes with your claim form. The actual deadline will be on the letter too.", this isn't actually correct, because they aren't giving people a full month from the date on the letter or they're sending them out late?

Also, I downloaded a copy of the PIP2 form from the DWP site. My sister requested a large print version and received PIP3001 which I presumed was the same form but they are saying that it's a different form from the one I downloaded. Would this be correct? If it's a new form, I presume that your April guide covers it anyway? DWP not updating their pages fast enough with new versions of forms, perhaps?

Sorry to have to keep asking but I'm doing this by phone with them so can't actually see what they've got so am having to try and keep up 'at a distance'. Helping someone else do this is just as nerve-wracking and tiring as doing one's own forms - just in a different way.

Many thanks

More
6 years 7 months ago #197283 by Gordon
Toadlet

The DWP web pages are informational, there is no guarantee that the information is correct.

There is no downloadable version of the PIP2, just a sample copy.

Your sister needs to use the version that they have been sent, the content will be the same as the standard form, just in large print.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #197998 by Francisca
Replied by Francisca on topic PIP1 not returned; PIP2 form ?shortened deadline
Gordon wrote: There is no downloadable version of the PIP2, just a sample copy

That's what I was saying - that the sample copy isn't PIP3001. This is something it would be useful to flag up somewhere prominently. It's a waste of time looking at the sample copy to prepare oneself only to receive a different form to fill in. I did track down (with great difficulty) a copy of PIP3001 and it's not the same form.

It's causing chaos here because my sister's helper now thinks your guidelines are obsolete as well!

More
6 years 7 months ago #198016 by Gordon

Toadlet wrote: Gordon wrote: There is no downloadable version of the PIP2, just a sample copy

That's what I was saying - that the sample copy isn't PIP3001. This is something it would be useful to flag up somewhere prominently. It's a waste of time looking at the sample copy to prepare oneself only to receive a different form to fill in. I did track down (with great difficulty) a copy of PIP3001 and it's not the same form.

It's causing chaos here because my sister's helper now thinks your guidelines are obsolete as well!

I can't find any reference to a PIP3001, my assumption was that it was simply a large font version of the PIP2!

If you have a link to the form can you supply it so that we can see what you are talking about.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.