× Members

friend is alcoholic and got no points!

More
6 years 7 months ago #197564 by fiona sinclair
friend is alcoholic and got no points! was created by fiona sinclair
Hi my friend has just received letter saying he has no points after assessment. He is an alcoholic that is not mentioned ..moreover the assessment speaks of things he was not actually asked to do. Added to which his esa has been withdrawn and he know has no money at all ! Is this normal and what should he do please! The irony is he is gets his pension next year...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197571 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic friend is alcoholic and got no points!

fiona sinclair wrote: Hi my friend has just received letter saying he has no points after assessment. He is an alcoholic that is not mentioned ..moreover the assessment speaks of things he was not actually asked to do. Added to which his esa has been withdrawn and he know has no money at all ! Is this normal and what should he do please! The irony is he is gets his pension next year...

Tell them to get face to face advice. Do an internet search for "welfare advice" with their postcode. town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #197816 by Capyboppy
Replied by Capyboppy on topic friend is alcoholic and got no points!
How old is your friend Fiona?

At the very least he should be able to get Pension Credit or Income Support I would have thought while trying to sort out the finer details.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197839 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic friend is alcoholic and got no points!

Capyboppy wrote: How old is your friend Fiona?

At the very least he should be able to get Pension Credit or Income Support I would have thought while trying to sort out the finer details.

I'm sorry but there is nothing in the OPs post to suggest that they qualify for either of these benefits!

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.