× Members

PIP face to face assesment

More
6 years 7 months ago #197598 by Denise Spicer
PIP face to face assesment was created by Denise Spicer
Hi to you all,my paranoid schizophrenic son was refused a home assesment and was told he had to go to birmingham,we are in derby.i eventually got it changed to derby for the 28/9.my son has,numerous personalities,is a heavy drinker,aggressive,ocd,has massive panic attacks if he goes out.he lives alone...with jesus and the devil!!! My ex partner jim is his carer and goes round every day.he cooks cleans and washes for him,i cant see him as he has attacked and hospitalised me and im terrified of him.he does not speak to anyone at all except jim.he will not leave the house because he believes ISIS,The FBI and aliens are outside waiting for him.he was sectioned 4 yrs ago but he was very aggressive to his professor psychiatrist who referred him back to his doctor who also in turn warned him that if he carried on being aggressive and shouting at him,(he just doesnt believe the doctor is real)he wouldnt be seen,again and ben my son was beyond scared of,the mental health team he also refused to see them so for the last 3 yrs he sees no medical proffessionals and just stays in his darkened house taking his meds,hes smashed the telly up as it was sending him messages,he smashed his phone as it was talking to him and telling him to do things.he wont have a radio because of the messages.he will only eat brown rice & potatoes as the government are poisoning him as with water he only drinks bottled water and special brew.jim is dreading even getting him to the medical and whats worrying us more than anything is if they ask him anything whatsoever he's not going to make eye contact or even speak.he might go beserk,start ranting,screaming,try and escape,we just don't know how hes going to react.jims explained it all to ben but he screamed...ur trying to f****ing get me sectioned again,and you are a secret agent.for gods sake hes 41 and the stress is killing us both.the police often make him go back in his house because he will go on the front shouting at strangers and banging on neighbours doors warning them theyre being bugged and watched.its very distressing for them and him .He hasnt even got any real evidence to take to the medical,only letters of support from us and his medical records.if he just sits or stands there ranting or in silence staring at the wall surely theyll use that against him as a refusal to do anything they ask and his PIP will be refused.I think he would be better off dead and me because we can't help him.he's tried to set himself on fire last year because satan told him to yet even then he was seen by doctors and police doctor and wasnt sectioned.theyve all give up on him but im still his mother and i love him but i have no idea what else me and jim can do.do you think there is ANY HOPE for him at this assesment or in life at all.please can anyone give us any advice at all,just a glimmer of light would make our lives worth living.i feel like hanging myself to be honest as its all too much.ive had 2 nervous breakdowns and have severe depression/anxiety and am 12 yrs agoraphobic.i tried to end it all 3 times in the last 6 yrs so its my fault my sons mad,he said it is before he broke my ribs.i cant see a way out of this at all but thank you to anyone who has taken the time to read my worries.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197618 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP face to face assesment
D

I did reply to your post last week, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=118390

To revise my previous answer, if there is a risk that he could be violent, then he will not get a home assessment so you need to push for a Paper Based Review.

Try involving your MP to help push for this.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denise Spicer

More
6 years 7 months ago #197628 by Denise Spicer
Replied by Denise Spicer on topic PIP face to face assesment
hi gordon,thank you for your reply.as you said because of my sons violence and aggression capita birmingham flatly refused a home visit but after numerous calls we were then offered an assesment in Derby next week.we did push for a paper review but that was also refused so the point i was trying to make was i just can't see how we are even going to get ben there and god only knows what he's going to do when he's in the room.We know he will not look at the person,or even answer any questions and will probably just go beserk or run away.anyway ive come to the end of the road with it all gordon as im ill myself and i truly think its time to call it a day.i can't stand another dread filled day but again thank you for kindly trying to help.denise.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197650 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP face to face assesment
D

Try his MP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.