× Members

Dla indefinitely to pip

More
6 years 7 months ago #197637 by missylea
Dla indefinitely to pip was created by missylea
Hi I have downloaded all the relatable links you have for mental health and I notice it says make sure you're aware of reliability. Do you have to write that when filling out the forms.
Also had a prolapsed disc removed from my spine 3 years ago and they told me there was nothing else they could do for the pain unless I underwent a fusion operation which is metal plate with screws. I am not only on high dose of anti depressants and anti psychotic drugs but fentayl patches, tramadol, napraxon, Co codemol, Diazepan. When I attended the pain clinic at the start if the year the dr told me that I would not be a good candidate for fusion surgery as I'm too depressed and take to me bed everyday so I wouldn't heal probably.
I have also received middle rate care for mental health reasons and I suppose never really pushed the condition with my back even though I'm n pain everyday. I have never received mobility and don't now if I would be entitled to it now as I've given up on driving due to severe anxiety and plus the medications I'm on make me drowsy and most insurance companies weren't cover you while taking these drugs. I'm so so scared an anxious that I won't get anything and feel sick to my stomach at the thought of having a 121. Can you please give me as much advice and help as yous can. Appreciate it so much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197655 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla indefinitely to pip
missylea

All of the PIP activities must be completed reliably, this is a collective noum for four actually requirements

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

These terms are explained in more detail in the PIP Claim guide.

So If you cannot reliably complete an activity then you need to explain why in reference to the above terms.

The guide also has an explanation of the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked,

You cannot look at your DLA award as a reference point for your PIP claim, the criteria and assessment process are fundamentally different.

If you have more questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.