× Members

Reopening ESA claim

More
6 years 7 months ago #197646 by Michael
Reopening ESA claim was created by Michael
If I got a job and then became too ill to attend the work place can I re-open my old ESA claim rather than making a new claim? What is the time period which needs to transpire which makes it impossible for the old ESA claim to be re-opened?

(ESA can be lower for new claims than for my old one.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #197662 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Reopening ESA claim
Hi Michael,

You would be able to do a quick reclaim within 3 months and be put back onto the same level of ESA as you were before.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by slugsta.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197666 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Reopening ESA claim
Michael

Just to be specific, it is 12 weeks not 3 months, after this you will have to make a new claim from scratch.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.