× Members

PIP system wont accept initial claim

More
6 years 7 months ago #197890 by Arcseth
PIP system wont accept initial claim was created by Arcseth
I tried to claim PIP in August after receiving the DWP letter about transferring from DLA. The system would not let me start a claim as it did not recognise my National Insurance Number beginning JY. Was told I would be contacted within 48 hours to begin the claim. No contact, so tried again later in August, no joy for same reason. Told I would hear from the 'exceptions team” within 48 hours...no contact.

Get a letter on 22 September suspending my DLA because I ”have not made a claim for PIP”!!! Again tried to claim, no joy same reason. Enquiry line now says will arrange for me to receive a paper form with an ID number, so bypassing the NI No; and will let DLA know about the situation, but won't put anything in writing.

I feel aggrieved and distressed, and very apprehensive this is leading in the direction of my DLA being stopped altogether (the suspension starts from 27/9/2017). I think I should write a formal letter of complaint, but to whom as I feel batted between DLA and PIP departments?

Was told there is a known issue of PIP system refusing to recognise Jersey/Guernsey NI Nos (I got mine by working there for three months in 1967!), despite mine always being accepted and used for ESA, DLA, Pension etc.

Has anyone else experienced this bizarre PIP anomaly, or advice on how I could proceed and protect myself?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #197920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP system wont accept initial claim
Arcseth

I have seen this before but not recently, it is certainly very uncommon.

Your complaint would be to the PIP department

Complaining to the DWP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arcseth

More
6 years 7 months ago #197936 by Arcseth
Replied by Arcseth on topic PIP system wont accept initial claim
Thanks Gordon.

I sent off a letter addressed to the Benefits Centre which issued the suspension - next day delivery - early this morning. There is only a post office box number so it remains to be seen whether it will be received and acknowledged.

However, I got a call from DWP later in the morning and had the initial claim taken
by a very pleasant lady who knew nothing about the NI issue!! She also lifted the suspension after checking the system had accepted the claim, much to my relief. Bizarre indeed... I will return for further advice if needed :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.