× Members

In support group but just received another ESA50

More
6 years 6 months ago #198082 by Steve M
I've just received an ESA50 form, almost a year after finally being placed into the support group. I was under the impression that my inability to work had finally been accepted by DWP and the thought I might have to repeat this horrific process every year distresses me greatly.

Are my fears correct, or has there been an error made sending this to me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198095 by Gordon
Steve

I'm sorry but all ESA claims are currently reassessed on a regular basis.

This is a full reassessment of your claim so you need to treat it as if you are making a new claim and complete the form in detail and provide evidence as you can, even if it was information that you supplied as part of your original claim.

Our ESA Claim guide will help you complete the form and to explain your issues with completing the various ESA activities.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #198124 by Steve M
Thanks Gordon - after posting I read through a lot of pages on the website and found reference to regular assessments. I got the idea that support group was exempt from my wife. She's been in the support group for about four years and has never had another ESA50.

It's gonna take me a bit to get over the shock. Last time was such a struggle after waiting 18 months for an assessment (6 months with no benefit) and pushing hard for a home visit. But a another year of this illness whilst trying to care for my wife has taken it's toll.

I used your guides last time - and will use them again. Just don't know where I'll find the energy.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.