× Members

DLA to PIP - High Care/Low Mob to NIL !

More
6 years 6 months ago #198087 by Scorpioted
DLA to PIP - High Care/Low Mob to NIL ! was created by Scorpioted
Hi all,
Can you give me some advice as to my first place of call for help re-our appeal,, initially the Mandatory Reconsideration. I have outlined over 20 points that I disagree with from the face to face consultation ranging from leading questions to incorrectly recording facts which contradict what was written on the claim form. Because my daughter has Autism, it is a life-long condition and does not need medical intervention so I have little medical evidence other than psychology reports from Education statementing which I provided. She has been on High rate Care, Low mob since she was 3. She is now 23 and I am her Appointee.
The letter took 9 days to arrive from letter date on p.1 so I am already against the clock.
Do I include all my points of contention in the Man recon. letter, or do I save some for the inevitable appeal ?
Thanks for any comments
Scorpioted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198100 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP - High Care/Low Mob to NIL !
Scorpioted

Although dealing with the issues in the report is important, you will only receive an award at MR or appeal by showing that you meet the criteria for one. You may have covered this in your 20 points, but if not then you really need to go through your PIP2 and our PIP Claim guide to make sure that you have shown that you meet the criteria for each activity you expected to score points for,

There is absolutely no value in holding anything back from the MR, this is about getting the right award as quickly as possible, you will not injure any appeal that you have to make by doing this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 months ago #198126 by Scorpioted
Replied by Scorpioted on topic DLA to PIP - High Care/Low Mob to NIL !
Thanks very much Gordon for your quick reply. It's cleared up the confusion as to if I should save some of the detail for a tribunal. I'll review the PIP forms and formulate a response with the full facts and keep fingers crossed !!
Scorpioted.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.