× Members

ESA frequency

More
6 years 6 months ago #198130 by David
ESA frequency was created by David
Good evening all, first time I have used the forum so hoping someone maybe able to shed a light on the dark work workings of ESA.
I am disabled and have many issues as a result of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, the latest being diagnosed with firbrosis of the lungs caused 'probably' by the radiotherapy they say (I am a non smoker) I was put in the support group on my original transfer to ESA in 2013. November 2016 I recieved papers to reapply, however my GP suggested as all my health / disablity issues are as a resusult of cancer treatment and my condition is for life and will worsen he would complete the Cancer treatment page.
Again I was immediately continued in the support group.
I have again received ESA papers to complete, is this a normal DWP tactic, a cock up or what. I shall submit same load a paperwork andf have my GP sign the form. What a waste of everybpdies time,
Any comments, ideas greatfully received.
Best wishes and thanks for your time.
D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #198138 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic ESA frequency
Hi and Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

One year is very quick to get the reassessment forms, especially as their are backlogs and delays in many areas.

However, legislation allows for ESA to be reassessed at any stage after 3 months has passed since the decision. You can try contacting DWP and asking why your wife is being reassessed so soon, especially as her condition is long-term, but I'm afraid the forms will have to be completed and returned on time unless you have something to the contrary in writing from DWP.

May I suggest that you bookmark/favourite this on your web browser now so that you can find it easily in future? This will allow you to return with further questions or comments about your wife's ESA without having to start a new topic each time. We ask members to keep everything relating to the same claim in one topic as it helps us enormously - and I hope you will find it useful too :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by slugsta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.