× Members

Government criteria for ‘switching off’ WCA retest

More
6 years 6 months ago #199291 by Silvia
Gordon

Yes I have heard that too.
Somehow I think the Health Professional at my WCA will not approach the assessment with a view to confirming that I have no prospect of moving back into the workplace!
I shall report back if there is any change in my WCA .

Silvia
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #199293 by DRAGON2009
I imagine a lot of factors could come into play Whether they admit it or not 'age' probably will. Then the length of incapacity for work. If it has been decades with good medical evidence that probably will help prove ( presumably ' on the balance of probability) that the person will not recover. If the previous efforts at treatment ( conventional and available in the NHS ) have failed then that too would be favorable for a benefits decision saying no need to call. I think it would be helpful for any claimant who might qaulify for permanent exemption to draw attention to the facts as regards their illness and its disability and prognosis and not assume the right information or conclusions will follow,. Perhaps in the coming weeks or months how this works will become clearer
The following user(s) said Thank You: cats6

More
6 years 6 months ago #199390 by cats6
Silvia & Xfactor
I agree with you both on those points.

To best guarantee exemption the criteria asked for will have to be highlighted, shoved in the assessor face!

I was just hoping that this would be picked up on when reassessment is due and implemented, without us claimants having to complete the reassessment. ...
{Yeh silly I know but am mostly a wishful thinker}

When in reality applying the criteria will be right at the bottom of the list on the assessor task .
We all know, to pick holes in each and every claim to disallow an award is right there at the top of their lists.

So looks like when I'm due reassessment i will have to resubmit the whole lot again, which is just timed to coincide with my transfer to UC, oh happy days Not !

More
6 years 6 months ago #199441 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Government criteria for ‘switching off’ WCA retest
I got the impression from maximus it was not up to them or the assessors to decide but the DWP / decision maker. So even when mine said 'not likely in the future' DWP put it at 3 years. So it may not even be up to the assessors, they just seem to give a kind of prognosis. (medium term, not in the long term etc)

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.