× Members

Appointee - help please

More
6 years 6 months ago #198335 by Helene
Appointee - help please was created by Helene
I've just been given appointee status by the DWP for my 27 year old son who has mild but various LD. He also has complex mobility difficulties and recently been diagnosed (past year with low mood) Anyway when it comes to F2F - do I do all the talking or will they be asking them questions? Will I be able to stop or challenge them (am recording ) as my son is easily manipulated. Early stages at the mo. Just filling in forms. Verrrry confused. Thanks. He has been in receipt of indefinite low care (although I think this will be increased as he now lives on his own with social services coming in twice a week) and has high for mobility. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198361 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Appointee - help please
Helene

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

If this is for PIP then there is clear guidance on how assessors should deal with a claimant with an appointee, they will try and direct their questioning to your son, but should accept your answering without problem.

I'm afraid if it is for ESA then the guidance is less clear although the same rules should apply.

Both the PIP and ESA Claim guides have a section covering the assessment and the questions likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.