× Members

upcoming interview Jobc some advise please

More
6 years 6 months ago #198386 by gammasan00
upcoming interview Jobc some advise please was created by gammasan00
I've an appointment coming up this afternoon at the jobcentre, with my disibility advisor.

I'd recently failed the WCA, so have had little choice but to claim for JSA whilst in the process of requesting a MR.
I've already undergone the initial interview for filling in the JSA1 form; which was a disaster, as I emotionally brokedown just before the interview. I hadn't slept for over 2 weeks from constant stress, sorting out appointments, phonecalls and the sheer anxiety of having everything cut off - though the staff were very good, and conducted the interview in a private room.

Have you any advice to hand, before I leave so I don't go blundering into any unforeseen perceived pitfalls - I'm a bit paranoid though lack of a good nights sleep, so haven't been able to think striaght.

thx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198399 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic upcoming interview Jobc some advise please
hedzonxonx

Your JSA advisor will have no understanding of your conditions and limitations as they will not be able to access any of your ESA computer records so spend some time explaining these to them.

Be aware that this is a full claim for JSA, there are no restrictions because you claimed ESA, although you may be able to negotiate a restricted Claimant Commitment, there are limits to this and you can be found to be too ill to claim JSA.

Your post does not say whether you are challenging the ESA Decision, but if you are then once your JSA claim is accepted and in payment then you can present a new Fit Note and be excused from your Commitment for up to 13 weeks, which should be enough time for you t appeal if you need to if the MR leaves the Decision unchanged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: gammasan00

More
6 years 6 months ago #198468 by gammasan00
Replied by gammasan00 on topic upcoming interview Jobc some advise please
Yes, I am currently in the process of challenging the original decision, hence why I've had to resort to JSA, which has only recently been accepted.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on restricted claimant commitment, and what that likely involves, would I have to present any kind of evidence to put restrictions in place - I have been assigned to the disibility advisor.

Also, can a Doctor refuse to sign a fit note request specifically during the MR phase, and if so what can I do about contesting that decision.

thx

More
6 years 6 months ago #198478 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic upcoming interview Jobc some advise please

hedzonxonx wrote: Yes, I am currently in the process of challenging the original decision, hence why I've had to resort to JSA, which has only recently been accepted.

Could you please elaborate a bit more on restricted claimant commitment, and what that likely involves, would I have to present any kind of evidence to put restrictions in place - I have been assigned to the disibility advisor.

Also, can a Doctor refuse to sign a fit note request specifically during the MR phase, and if so what can I do about contesting that decision.

thx

You may be able to restrict the jobs you are required to look for to having certain hours or perhaps being a particular distance from home or public transport.

But as I said, the JC+ will take the view that you are fit for work, so your options for limiting what you are required to do will be very much at the discretion of your advisor. Your primary goal at the moment is to get the claim accepted and in payment, once this happens you can then present a Fit Note.

It is at your GPs discretion whether they issue a new Fit Note or not. It really depends on whether they consider you Fit for Work or not. If they don't then all I can suggest is that you speak to the Practice manager.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.