× Members

DWP screwup as usual

More
6 years 6 months ago #198486 by weeb
DWP screwup as usual was created by weeb
I just got a letter this morning so I thought I would share this with you. The inability of DWP to be human beings nearly put me over the edge. Bear with me:
I had higher rate motability and lower rate care component for life. Carers in morning and night. I have an excellent pain consultant at my local hospital and after years of misery he decided to look at things in a different way. I was in motorcycle accident and broke my spine in 3 places, my femur in1 place and shoulder is a meccano set. He started doing caudal injections into my spine and freezing the nerves and this is the first time in years anything worked. By law, I have to inform DWP if there is any change in my condition. There was, I could now walk more than 50 mtrs, but less than 200mtrs. I immediately informed DWP (I'm Scottish, I could have sat back and lived on another 2 years, they are so far behind, buts that's not me). On the phone the guy I was speaking to thanked me for my honesty. Forms came out, filled in sent back then nothing for weeks until 17th September,. "We now have enough information to make a decision". Nothing till today 3rd October when I learned through a third party "Mobility" that I had been refused enhanced rate mobility and to return my car by 19th December. I mean is that just horrendous or not. They contacted mobility before they even contacted me. Didn't help my mental health and PTSD. I'm just disgusted with them. Sorry its a long post, but I could not make it shorter.

weeb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198494 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP screwup as usual
Weeb

I'm afraid this is a natural consequence of a Decision being made, Motability have to be told immediately so that they can make arrangements for the car to be recovered before the payments stop, so they are contacted electronically, whereas the claimant is contacted using the royal Mail 2nd Class.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weeb

More
6 years 6 months ago #198500 by weeb
Replied by weeb on topic DWP screwup as usual
Thank you for responding Gordon. I appreciate what you have explained. They are inhuman, do you know my face to face was done by a young girl and I asked about her experience with mental health and PTSD. She replied "I am a nurse of 7 years experience and did not respond to my questions about her ability to even get into my problems from the Falklands war, Bosnia and Burkino Faso. Complete paper exercise. I'm raging about the whole fiasco, so I better wind my neck in and look at other problems similar people are having rather than rant off. Thanks bro. Stay frosty.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198502 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP screwup as usual
weeb

I understand the frustration and if you need to vent on the forum that's OK, just understand that it won't help you get the Decision revised, you need a cool head for this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.