More
6 years 6 months ago #198618 by ldwilliams
Replied by ldwilliams on topic universal credit
PIP isn't included in U?C?
Oh thanks!
I didn't know that
That's a relief then, only ESA to deal with then really
Phew!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198622 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic universal credit

buergers wrote: PIP isn't included in U?C?
Oh thanks!
I didn't know that
That's a relief then, only ESA to deal with then really
Phew!

Just to be clear, no current ESA claimants are likely to be moved to UC or New ESA for at least a couple of years and it may well be longer, unless they have to make a claim for UC for other reasons, for example a claim for Housing Benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, ldwilliams

More
6 years 6 months ago #198631 by ldwilliams
which sadly i will
I am on income based ESA (in the support group & getting the severe disability allowance) & housing benefit sadly.
But at least it is only the ESA/housing. I originally thought that it included PIP as well.
It is all very complicated, more so it looks like than the original ESA.

More
6 years 6 months ago #198634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic universal credit
buergers

If you are moving to another LA where UC is fully live and making a claim for HB then your ESA will also be moved to UC, this should be automatic and you will retain the same award but be aware, there is no Transitional Protection for claimants being moved in this manner, so you will lose the SDP, which is not payable under UC.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ldwilliams

More
6 years 6 months ago #198637 by ldwilliams
No, I am not moving (as yet anyway, my OT does want me to move but I am very reluctant to at the moment).
I will be in the same home as I am now in, nothing as far as I am concerned changes.
At the moment I get both high rates on PIP, in support group with SDP and full HB (minus the 14% for the spare bedroom).
I was assessed for all in March of this year and awarded the above.
I believe that my area moves onto UC in March next year, hence me starting to prepare now, so that I have as much information and evidence prepared as possible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.