× Members

appeals

• walls14@btinternet.com
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 months ago #199682 by walls14@btinternet.com
appeals was created by walls14@btinternet.com
Anyone throw any light on this. Back in July I was contacted by an ex student of mine, in in the 50s, cleft palette speech impediment, who had been taken off esa and declared fit for work. He filled in his esa50 , very inadequately in September 2016, called for a face to face injune2017, where the professional, how that word sticks in my throat, refused to look at the supporting evidence he took with him and in his words” no eye contact, no eye contact she just did her computer” . He was declared work ready on the facts that he said he could work a DVD player and was “learning to text”, he still can’t by the way. Phoned for a mandatory saying we were submitting further evidence that I collected. The job centre who were very sympathetic were only to happy to scan and forward the extra evidence to the decision maker. 2 week’s later, no still fit for work they had received no supporting evidence. Next step the appeal some4 weeks ago. It was accepted. Today I receive a letter from the dwp saying no need to appeal s they’ve overturned the original decision and he’s back on esa. I wonder if they are scared that an appeal might put him in the support group which is where I think he should be, he’s happy to be back in the wrag any comments ideas gratefully received.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #199721 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic appeals
S

Sometimes the DWP look at the evidence submitted as part of an appeal and revise the Decision, the person still has the option of an appeal but will need to submit a new one as the original will have been lapsed as a result of their accepting the DWP offer of a WRAG award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.