× Members

Just goes to show

More
6 years 6 months ago #200488 by Katykat
Just goes to show was created by Katykat
I had my PIP reassessment recently, downgraded from enhanced care to standard and from standard mobility to none ( well, 4 points) The assessor was very friendly, no complaints there. But I went from needing assistance in several components to the decision maker saying that I needed an aid or appliance. I requested the assessors report & a MR but by yesterday I had not received the report so I sent the written request for MR off. Got the report today & surprise, it was the assessor that ticked the boxes saying that I could manage with an aid, even though she has detailed in the free text box that I I can’t grip cutlery, can’t raise my arms to wash my hair & several other conflicting statements. I have rheumatoid arthritis & it’s never going to improve so I can’t imagine how they think I can do more now than I did 2 yrs ago. I just hope that I have put enough in my written request for MR to tip the scales, although I know it’s unlikely. I know that I’ll never be complacent again by the “ friendly” assessor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.