× Members

Lcwra Backpay Help

More
1 year 7 months ago #273369 by Sw32243
Lcwra Backpay Help was created by Sw32243
Dear Forum, I hope you can help.

I’ve been on UC since September 2019, and handed sick notes continuously since January 2021. I’ve been told today after my assessment I’m now assessed as LCWRA, I asked about back pay on my journal and was told it’s only getting backdated to April 2022. I called up and told that I have been found LCWRA from 06/01/21 so I’m totally bemused at the back payment, the lady on the phone just told me to put a message on my journal.

I’m really upset and anxious now. It’s been such a long fight and I don’t know what to do next?

Can anyone offer any help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #273397 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Lcwra Backpay Help
Hi Sw32243

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

Your LCWRA should be backdated to the 14th week of your assessment period. Your assessment period starts when you hand in your fit note, the assessment period lasts for 13 weeks, during this 13 week period you will not receive LCWRA unless you are classed as terminally ill.

If you have been told that your LCWRA will be backdated to April 2022 then you need to request a MR as it should be April 2021, you need to make sure of the date when you handed in your 'fit note', check you journal.

Remember you will not get LCWRA for the first 13 weeks unless you are exempt from the assessment period.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 week ago #288085 by Simon
Replied by Simon on topic Lcwra Backpay Help
I calmed UC in Dec, I was awarded LCWRA in Jan on paper without an assessment in person (I'm not terminally ill) I was sent a payment of £380 back payment but now I'm being told you don't get paid for the first 14 weeks and all I can find in the forums is "oh that's just how it is" why? Why are they allowed to rip people off for 14weeks? Has it never been challenging? If someone didn't get paid for the first 14 weeks of a job it would be unlawful so why is it lawful to rip off vulnerable severely ill people?

More
2 months 6 days ago #288108 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Lcwra Backpay Help
S

The three-month Assessment Period has been included in sickness benefits for decades. I can't say whether it has ever been challenged but given it has been in three separate benefits I doubt there is any opportunity to do so.

During the AP you receive the basic UC allowance, which anybody else claiming UC would receive.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.