× Members

Information

More
2 months 1 week ago #288061 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Information
Hi Charlie

Thanks for the update. Interesting that the form went to the Long Covid team as well. They don't often contact professionals outside of the GP.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #288156 by C
Replied by C on topic Information
Update: got hold of the report from my GP today (was unable to get a copy of the one written by the Long Covid team as they didn't copy it before posting it). It was actually sent to the GP (and presumably also the Long Covid team) on the 26th January, so just *under* a year since my review began.

I will continue to update when I have more firm events and dates, because I know it can be helpful/comforting for others to see a timeline play out. When I was first applying in 2020 I read a very similar thread and found it very helpful for my anxiety about the process, so I hope others might get something out of mine too :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , BIS, Sheila 966

More
1 month 5 days ago #289387 by C
Hello! Just wanted to pop an update on this - though it's not really an update! I spoke with both Capita and the DWP recently because I was trying to get a specific bit of paperwork from them. Both said that a paper-based assessment is currently underway! The relief is immense - my initial assessment was a phone assessment, and it made me very unwell with anxiety and vomiting for several weeks before and after it. No update on timescales - I was literally told it was a 'how long is a piece of string' situation - but the relief at it being paper-based is immense. I'm not letting my guard down - I know they can change their mind at any time! - but I'm hopeful that with the huge amount of evidence I provided and the detailed answers given (shaped by the guides here!) I'll have a positive outcome. Fingers crossed I'll have a timescale update for you all soon, once I've gotten my review award!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
1 month 4 days ago #289397 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Information
Hi C

That is good to hear. I don't think they will change their mind if a paper-based assessment is underway. Hope it's not too long before you hear something.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 4 days ago #290159 by C
Update - got the text from the DWP that they've received the report and will tell me my award in the next 6 weeks. Yay for this bit of stress finally being over, boo for having to wait potentially that long on top of the past 14 months waiting. Fingers crossed for a good result!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, Sheila 966

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.