× Members

Advice on pip tribunal appeal would be great fully recieved!

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #287105 by BIS
Hi BoneYardFarm

I'm sorry you still haven't got the resolution you are seeking. Putting aside the complaint for a minute and the way you have been treated - what is the outcome you are trying to get - is it enhanced Daily Living? If it is, you could consider ditching the appeal, waiting a couple of months, and putting in for a change of circumstance.

As far as your complaint - I think there are different issues here and I would write separate letters but copying in other people. I would include the whole complaint about the DWP to your local MP. I would write to the minister of the DWP, which is the Hon. Mel Stride expressing your disgust about their behaviour - not turning up to the Tribunals Service and also sending in paperwork too late. I would then also complain about the behaviour of the Tribunals Service - which is Mike Freer MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State. (Sorry if you have done all this already). You may have had enough, and I wouldn't blame you. You might also want to add to your own MP and the minister of state - the problems of being assessed by assessors who have little understanding of particular conditions.

I'm sorry, I can't offer any better suggestions.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #287122 by RHAN
Hello BoneYardFarm

Im so sorry to read about your awful ongoing experience , I can truly understand the level of stress you have to endure!

I have a suggestion if it’s possible to fulfil on your part as I know its become to much for you to bare anymore. (Forgive me if youve already tried this though).
I understand that ongoing legal support is too costly, its really is! but as a thought, what if you just have a solicitor to only write the complaint letter out for you on your behalf?
So a one off payment to do just the letter for you?
And include within it what BIS has mentioned , basically highlighting other important people you've also contacted about this, so maybe if they see a complaint is now from “A Solicitor” , which is also highlighting who else is now becoming involved, then maybe that alone will put the pressure on and they will finally take it more seriously?
Basically raise the pressure to get them to “Do Their Job”.

Just a thought though so do forgive me if even reading this suggestion is just too much to bare .

so sorry for your troubles .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #287194 by BoneYardFarm
Unfortunately our local MP is the right unhonourable Flounder!
Sorry I mean Matt Hancock!
Wrote to him once about being unable to get an NHS dentist when he was still health secretary as I had telephoned every dentist on the .gov website, yes that every single one in ‘our area’ and that’s a 100 mile catchment! (Took 6 hours across 2 days) only to be pretty much laughed at by the ridiculousness and audacity of even suggesting nhs dentistry!

I did get a response, basically saying it wasn’t his problem! No suprise there

So no I Won’t be doing that again… as for contacting Mel Stride, the poster boy for HMRCs loan charge scandal, known to other MPs as the ‘misleader of the house’, the same ‘jolly nice bloke’ who refused to appear before the economic affairs committee 4 times, despite being orderered too, who has consistently avoided any public scrutiny over previously mentioned loan charge scandal that’s been a direct cause of dozens of suicides and ended up as the treasury select committee chair tasked with looking into it… and has been quoted as stating benefits are “far too high all round”…!
Not to put too fine a point on it but I’d rather ‘shit in my hands and clap’ than ask that corrupt (feel free to insert your own choice of expletive here!) for help! Not that I believe he would give it for a second! He’s more likely to pass it around his cronies as a meme just for shits and giggles!

I do however appreciate the sentiment from people on here but even a solicitors letter is too costly from what I’ve been quoted!

Finally my partner has just been given hearing aids which automatically gives her enough points for the higher rate of daily living but she is not prepared to tell the DWP as a change of circumstances means she has to start reapply for everything again with no guarantee that she won’t lose part or god forbid ALL her mobilty and daily living. It’s taken 8 years to get her partial, and finally full mobility. She just doesn’t want to risk it and who can blame her?

We’ve both just had enough… so on that note good luck to anyone going down the appeal route… if it ever gets to a hearing luck is something your gonna need!

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287249 by denby
Oh BoneYardFarm! Just sending you both a virtual hug.
Lies, damn lies, etc. Told my PA4 was sent, 7-10 working days to wait. Day 11 it hasn't arrived so I call again, placing the blame on the poor Post Office to avoid riling the agent. He sends one out which arrives a mere four days later. We live in a fortunate area with excellent postal delivery so I knew all along it wasn't the PO in this case. My postie says she has had a number of residents asking about promised letters, she has advised them to call again and hey presto! every time the 'missing' letter then appears.
First one obviously never was sent. Just warning fellow readers....,meantime they quickly take a decision for a low award so as to avoid considering my tracked and signed for single letter of further medical evidence.
Keep on trucking!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287264 by Tony
Have you complained to your MP about this?

Though 'independent' of Parliament, the Judiciary are answerable to Parliament. Answerable as in they can be removed.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287303 by BoneYardFarm
My MP is sadly Matt Hancock! (See my last post on that) totally pointless exercise! Might as well ask health advice from Harold Shipman! 🤷
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.