× Members

Pip refusal dwp letter.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #284278 by Filey
Pip refusal dwp letter. was created by Filey
Hi, I am in the middle of doing a pip tribunal appeal for my adult son who is autistic and works full time , he gets alot of support from work for this. I won the last pip tribunal in 2017 and he was also working full time then. The dwp letter have put a huge paragraph after first saying the following: Pip is based on your ability to carry out a number of activities in a safe way on a regular basis. Then they have gone on to tell me what is required for each of these levels of help. Then they have finished off by saying : We have decided the evidence indicates you have the ability to carry out the daily living and mobility activities used to assess eligibility for Pip to an acceptable standard. In making this decision we have considered your needs on the majority of days. I ado not understand what they mean when they say assess eligibility for pip to an acceptable standard? Any help would be appreciated please. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #284338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
F

To an "acceptable standard" is one of the four reliability tests, however, I suspect the reference is in fact in regard to all four.

• Safely – in a fashion that is unlikely to cause harm to themselves or to another person.
• To a necessary and appropriate standard – given the nature of the activity.
• Repeatedly – as often as is reasonably required.
• In a timely manner – in a reasonable time period.

All of the PIP activities have to be completed reliably for a claimant not to score.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 months 1 week ago #284354 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
Thank you. Much appreciated.

More
2 months 6 days ago #288094 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
My son's letter says virtually the same thing! In among several inaccuracies and things that are absolutely not true...

Just waiting for the assessor's report. That I am sure will be a joy to read.

More
2 months 6 days ago #288119 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
Hello Anji,

My son's letter said something very similar - maybe it is their standard response at present, especially as the one we received after the M/R was virtually the same. He was awarded Standard rate care though, but this is less than he had before, so I have begun an appeal, but cautiously, as I don't want to lose what he has been given. (I'm waiting to see what evidence they have for their conclusion that his condition has improved.) Assessors don't really seem to understand autism and it is difficult to explain because it isn't easy to say why someone has all these problems when they appear to be physically capable.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next - everyone who has responded to my posts has been very helpful.

Wendy
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 months 5 days ago #288143 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
Yes, its very annoying when this happens!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.