× Members

Pip refusal dwp letter.

More
2 months 5 days ago #288144 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
I agree Wendy about Dwp and assessor's not understanding. It's so frustrating and annoying! But saying that, the Dwp man and woman who came out on the home visit were absolutely lovely and said the complete opposite to what the Dwp Pip person said! I just wish they all were like this! Good luck to both of you!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288182 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
Thanks, yes they have no understanding at all. One of the things in my son's decision letter stated that his ADHD is 'now below the threshold for diagnosis'!! I have no idea where this came from!! It is one of several things that are not true or misrepresented. It just means that we have to go to the (private) clinic that were organising treatment and pay, again, for a letter to state that this is not true. The fact is, as we said to the assessor, none of the medications really worked for him and they tried them all!

The letter also stated that the assessor found no evidence of poor working memory and that as he had achieved well academically this showed that there were no working memory issues. Honestly!! Less than an hour on the phone asking questions about his everyday life and the assessor (who I am pretty sure is not a qualified psychologist) has decided that the medical report (which was written by a qualified psychologist) stating his working memory was on the 13th centile is wrong!!! Grrrrrrrrr.....!!!

It just makes it hard for everyone, but I am not giving up!!! 😀
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
2 months 4 days ago #288208 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
And indeed, because I achieved O and A levels my autism does not cause me any issues. A 1970's grammar school was a perfect environment for anyone who thrives on a rigid timetable [predictability], clear expectations, lack of change, etc. And a mere nurse can say that if diagnosed it would be mild, as you say, not qualified but cavalier about making such sweeping judgements.

Anji I hope knowing you are not alone is some comfort, I'm not giving up either and send you my empowering thoughts.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
2 months 3 days ago #288223 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
Thanks Denby, it is really helpful to know that other people are going through, or have been through, the same things. The fact that some of the decision letters are virtually word for word also is comforting as it shows that they have not taken Finlay's individual and unique characteristics into consideration. I am sure this puts us in a better position for arguing his case. Well, I hope so!!
Thanks for the support 😁
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 months 1 day ago #288275 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Pip refusal dwp letter.
It's hard not to take all this with Dwp and the health assessors personally but we are just another case to them and i think the letters etc we recieve is just standard replies with a few bits thrown in to our own personal cases. Its only because I am out of this ordeal with Pip that I can see this now. Its a process and system that we are all dragged though. But it is also our lives that are hugely impacted by this system . Keep up the fight and the very best of luck. X
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.