× Members

PIP SD premium and previous ESA Support Group

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #285793 by Dalglish60
Hi mods,
Hope someone can clarify one way or the other:

I made an initial claim for pip last year and long story short I got lump sum back pay in August 2023 from 1st Sep 2022 - 27 July 2023. Pip payments enhanced living/daily living award for 10 yrs.

When I claimed the pip at 1st September 2023 I was also still receiving ESA SG but just getting enhanced disability premium but no severe disability premium. This ended 15 July 2023 as I reached state pension age and get full s'pension.

My question is the pip back pay was a lump sum not detailing any mention of SDP included in the back pay just the owing amount.

Because I was also getting ESA SG during the period 1st Sep '2022 to 15 July 2023, because of my pip award would I/am I eligible for any back pay for severe disability premium from my esa sg benefit.. Or does enhanced disability premium rule any back pay out and not eligible.

Who would I contact if eligible?

D60

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #285820 by Gary
Hi Dalglish60

I cannot answer your question as you have not stated what type of ESA you were in receipt of, there are 3 different types.

You can only claim a SDP for ESA if you are in receipt of Income Related ESA, If you are in receipt of IR ESA then SDP providing you fit the qualifying conditions will be backdated to when you received Daily living component of PIP. but will stop at SP age.

You get the EDP premium if you get ESA support or PIP enhanced daily living

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #285890 by Dalglish60
Replied by Dalglish60 on topic PIP SD premium and previous ESA Support Group
Gary

Sorry for late reply and not enough info.

1st September 2022 I was receiving ESA Support Group, IR income related type payments until 15th July 2023 cos of then moving to state pension and my esa finished. My PIP backpay enhanced daily living/standard mobility was from 1/9/2022 - 27/7/2023

that's was what I was getting from when I was reassessed in July 2013 and again July 2017 which was a paper based assessment the latter ESA Income Related award ended on the 15th July 2023 due to moving to state pension as I've stated. Therefore currently on PIP/state pension and waiting to hear from pension credit application.

Hope this clears up everything and can advise how I progress from here...

d60

More
4 months 3 weeks ago #285901 by Gary
Hi Dalglish60

Yes it has cleared things up, as you were in receipt IR ESA then you may have been entitled to claim SDP depending on your circumstances.

The SDP became payable from the first day that all three of the following applied.

1. You had an award of ESA and we’re receiving or were entitled to receive Income Related ESA or Pension Credit.

2. You had an award of PIP Daily Living

3. You met the criteria for payment of the SD Premium, namely that you lived alone or were considered to be living alone and no one receives Carers Allowance against your PIP award.

SDP would stop same day as ESA, when you reached state pension age, you then need to look at what you now may be able to claim. If you were entitled to SDP then you may be eligible to claim Guarantee Pension Credit; www.gov.uk/pension-credit

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #285979 by Dalglish60
Replied by Dalglish60 on topic PIP SD premium and previous ESA Support Group
Gary
I meet the 3 criteria/thresholds so my query is just sourcing advice do I meet the threshold to contact the esa office that sent me letters with their address . To claim back pay of sdp allied to my esa that ended on moving to state pension due to my pip recent awards covering esa period.
d60

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #286008 by Gary
Hi Dalglish60

Yes send your letter to the ESA office that had previously written to you, make sure you send the letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy.

Good luck, let us know the outcome.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.