× Members

PIP Win How long

More
4 months 1 week ago #286458 by dccantona
PIP Win How long was created by dccantona
Briefly after receiving nothing from a PIP Phone Assessment from a Physiotherapist I made an appeal. DWP made several reference s to the fact that the assessment can only take into account my medical situation on that day. However they ignored that on a previous assessment 12 months before I was assessed as having Limited Capability to Work. They chose to ignore my diabetes diagnosis even though that result came in with proof before the Mandatory Reconsideration. Therefore they had all the relevant information.
The Judge threw the book at them. Awarding me PIP at the higher rate.
My queries are as follows
How long if they dont appeal might I get the award letter and backpay?
What percentage of cases do DWP ask for Statement of Record ?
What percentage of cases do DWP appeal to the higher tier of tribunal.?
I am aware that the only grounds to appeal are legal but I know this can be stretched if they claim wording or inference in SOR is something they disagree with.
I also understand if they ask for SOR I will get a copy but does this neccesarily mean that they will appeal?
When should I contact them for the status quo?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #286463 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Win How long
Hi dccantona

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

After a tribunal decision you should get a decision letter within a few days, sometime the Tribunal will give it to you on the day.

The DWP have one month in which to appeal, as you rightly stated if DWP ask for a SOR then you will also be sent a copy.

You usually get the backdate award within 5 weeks, quite often you will receive a phone call before a payment is made.

In regards to your questions on percentages, I have no idea if DWP keep these stats, you can go on to stat-explore and look; stat-xplore.dwp.gov.uk/webapi/jsf/login.xhtml

I have won cases at Tribunal and the DWP have requested SOR, there is nothing you can do if they do request a SOR, after one month if you hear nothing then contact HMCTS to see what is happening, also contact DWP.

In my last case the judge knew DWP would ask for a SOR as it was a contentious case and covered all aspects, after receiving the SOR, the DWP decided not to continue with the appeal and Pension Credit was backdated to the date it stopped, which resulted in other benefits also being backdated.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: drewzz

More
1 month 1 week ago #289100 by dccantona
Replied by dccantona on topic PIP Win How long
Took only 4 weeks to get the money but 6 weeks to get the Certificate of Entitlement which has been copied and framed!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.