× Members

PIP telephone assessment

More
3 months 1 week ago #286697 by Anji
PIP telephone assessment was created by Anji
Hello all

Thanks so much for the guidance, I have found it so useful in completing the assessment form for my son. He has ADHD, anxiety and depression, dyslexia and possibly autism. I completed the form following your guidance and was confident in the information given.

Today my son had his telephone assessment and I was dialled in, which is good because he struggles to articulate himself. However, I got the impression that the assessor had not read the application form or the supporting evidence we sent showing how much prompting and support he needs.

I am now really worried about the outcome. I tried to give examples of support but the assessment felt quite rushed.

Would you expect that the assessor should read the application form?

Thanks
Anji :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago #286738 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP telephone assessment
A

Unfortunately, the guidance for assessors is mixed, one Assessment Provider recommends reading the form and evidence before the assessment, the other afterwards, I'm afraid I can't remember which way around it is.

You can request a copy of the report two days after assessment was held, it's a PA$ by name but the assessment report should be fine as well.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 months 1 week ago #286759 by drewzz
Replied by drewzz on topic PIP telephone assessment
Sorry, Gordon, are you saying that 2 days after the telephone assessment I can request from DWP a transcript of what the Independent Assessor typed up as my responses?

If so that would be excellent, as otherwise we have to wait for approx 8 - 10 weeks to find out if they made a true and fair record of the interview by way of the eventual DWP case manager decision.

More
3 months 1 week ago #286805 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP telephone assessment
d

Yes, you can order the assessment report two days after the assessment, by then the the assessor should have submitted it to the DWP for their review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: drewzz

More
3 months 1 week ago #286826 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic PIP telephone assessment
Thanks. Our assessor was typing as we spoke and at the end said she was sending her report there and then. So I am assuming she must have read the application and evidence before. Although her questions indicated that she hadn’t.

If we request a copy of her report will that give us an indication of the outcome?

Thanks A

More
3 months 1 week ago #286828 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP telephone assessment
Hi Anji,

Whilst I find that some assessors do read the report, in my own experience, a lot of them don't - and I think it's just down to the pressures of time, and having to fit lots of appts in the day. 3 of my assessments, only 1 read the report, the other 2 clearly didn't - and one girl I had, I found out that she was only 22, and a trainee nurse! I think a lot of them do their reports there and then for this same reason, they are under so much pressure to get them completed, and it's probably the reason that so many of them are inaccurate!
You can request a copy of the report, and it will show you what the assessor typed, but I wouldn't hold your breath on it being accurate. There's loads on this forum about people dealing with reports full of lies, including 2 myself. Things such as carrying the washing basket from the bathroom to the kitchen, when I've never owned a washing basket in my life, I just put all my washing straight in the machine, then separate it at the weekends - things like this.

Regards, Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.