× Members

PIP telephone assessment

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287501 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic PIP telephone assessment
Well, we have just got the results and he has got nothing!!! I am sooooooo depressed about this. By my reckoning, even conservatively, he should get higher rate daily living and lower rate mobility. This is just so disappointing :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287514 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP telephone assessment
Hi Anji

I'm sorry this has happened to you. Unfortunately you are not alone in being disappointed in the score. Have you got hold of the assessment report (PA4)? If you have got it - then you need to go through question by question and trying to understand why your son scored zero. Usually, this is because the assessor has no understanding of conditions like ADHD even if it has been explained to them. If you haven't got a copy of the report you need to do so as a matter of urgency. Don't just rely on the decision letter. Decision letters come from the decision maker and the PA4 comes from the assessor.

Once the decision has come out you can put in for a Mandatory Reconsideration. (MR) You have one month from the date on that letter to send in your response. We have a Guide to PIP Appeals - which has information on how to do it. You should also look at the Guide on how to challenge a Medical Report.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287543 by Anji
Thanks, we will definitely go for a MR and if that doesn't work, we will go for an appeal. Do you have to ask for a copy of the report or does it come with the decision letter?

I did not think the assessment was thorough, it was very rushed, barely an hour and I didn't think the assessor had read the application form or other evidence we had sent. I've read the appeal guide, very very useful thanks. I'll take a look at the medical report one too. I'm not giving up!!

Thanks A

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287549 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP telephone assessment
Hi Anji,

You have to ask for a copy of the assessors report, but can usually do this after 48 hours I believe. If I'm right in remembering my numbers, its called a PA4 form - but just to keep it simple, ask for a copy of the assessors report, and then you can start to check off what's right, and what's wrong.

A lot of assessors get information wrong (lie too) - this has been reported on here numerous times, and also happened to myself on 3 ocassions.

Good luck :)

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287550 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP telephone assessment
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum/10-dla-e...-before-the-decision

This link you'll find helpful information too Anji, from a previous claimant.

Chris :)

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287556 by Anji
Thanks Chris, my son is on hold to them as we speak (has been for almost an hour). I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are inaccuracies in the report, I was not hopeful. Total contrast to the LCWRA I was in with him on too, very thorough and understanding man, this woman was uninterested.
Thanks Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.