× Members

Pip light touch

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #287239 by Jane52
Pip light touch was created by Jane52
Does ten years pip award and it is inappropriate to set a term mean that review will be light touch at ten year
Thankyou
Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #287251 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip light touch
Hi Jane52

My understanding of a ten year award is that it will be a light touch review when next re-assessed.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #287254 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip light touch
Gary

Sorry to disagree, being a pendant today!

A ten-year award is an award for ten years with the claimant likely to be reassessed using an AR1 sometime after nine years have elapsed with a standard assessment.

An Ongoing award is for a period not less than ten years with the claimant being reassessed sometime after the ten years have elapsed using an AR2 and Light Touch review.

Both awards refer to ten years so it can be easy to confuse them, it is the words following the "ten years" that distinguish one from the other.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwistedWitch, KABTT

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #287285 by Jane52
Replied by Jane52 on topic Pip light touch
"It is inappropriate to fix a term" was the language put next to each of my awards when I was given Pip for ten years some time back . Do these words make my Pip an Ongoing award. My sense is they do? Or have the rules changed? If so, how much more or less do I need to prepare as will do it gradually over time, as I am collecting evidence from hospitals/ambulances unfortunately.
What exactely is an AR2 and Light Touch review.
Also how much more work would it involve if I looked to increase my daily living award rather than just kept things as they were.
Thankyou Jane

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #287287 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip light touch
Hi Jane52

Read Gordons post, it explains a ten year award.

An AR2 form is a light touch review form; assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/governm...lity-affects-you.pdf

In regards to your last question, I have absolutely no idea, only you can answer that.

Gary

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip light touch
J

The simplest solution to this would be for you to contact the DWP and ask what award you have.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.