× Members

Pip light touch

• Jane52
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287304 by Jane52
Replied by Jane52 on topic Pip light touch
Thank you. Will ask DWP to clarify what award I have.
Thank you for link to AR2 form is this turns out to be appropriate
Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287308 by TwistedWitch
Replied by TwistedWitch on topic Pip light touch
You need to check your award letter. Mine reads

I can still award you the enhanced rate of £**** per week to help with your mobility needs. You can get this from ****** for an ongoing period.

I believe the necessary phrase to make it a Light Touch review at the end of your award is 'for an ongoing period' as mentioned by Gordon above. If yours does not have the ongoing period phrase it seems yours is unlikely to culminate in a light touch review at the end of your award period.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287439 by Tuliptrees
Replied by Tuliptrees on topic Pip light touch
Both my components say 'indefinite period', std daily living and enhanced mobility. What is the difference?

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287444 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Pip light touch
Hi Tuliptrees

You need to be a bit more specific with your question "what is the difference"

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287470 by Tuliptrees
Replied by Tuliptrees on topic Pip light touch
Apologies for not being clear. I'm wondering what the difference is between Indefinite and Ongoing. They said in the letter to me in 2020 following an Indefinite award that they will contact me in September 2030. So the reality is, neither are exactly clear and that they can still pull you in any time they feel like it. I would like to think that should I still be alive in 2030 that someome with a modicum of intelligence in the DWP would see any further assessments as a waste of time, and just renew it, lets be honest, its not like they have come up with a reverse aging medical solution yet...

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287472 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip light touch
T

There is no "indefinite" award of PIP, was this phrase used by a Tribunal panel? If it was then it is likely that they mean an Ongoing award but have used phraseology from DLA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.