× Members

PIP Review Timescales (now becoming backpay issues)

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #287255 by Squirelly666
PIP Review Timescales was created by Squirelly666
Hi all,

I contacted DWP requesting a review of my PIP award, in November, as my condition has worsened since my last assessment in 2020, and I believe I should now be getting HR mobility (current SR on both Mobility and Care). When I contacted them the guy I spoke to said once they've had the form back it should take 4-8 weeks for it to be sorted out.

After the first form not reaching me, I finally got the second one (form AR1), completed it, and sent it back. I then got a text from DWP on 20/12/23 telling me they had received it, followed by a text from IAS on 22/12/23 telling me that it had been passed to them for review, so I at least thought the ball had started to move, even if it may not exactly be rolling yet.

However looking at posts on here some people are only just having assessments now, based on reviews they submitted 1yr+ ago, so my questions are, do the timescales for reviews differ by region a lot? if not, have DWP just got their waiting times down a lot in the last few months? or, was the agent I spoke to just talking out of their backside, and I'm going to be waiting a lot longer than 8 weeks?

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #287258 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Review Timescales
Hi Squirelly666,

My whole process took close to 2 years from sending in the forms, to my HP assessment, to my results. I don't remember them actually giving any timescale as to when it will be completed, other than how long you get to return your forms. From what people have mentioned on here, it does seem like the waiting timescales have reduced, compared to how bad they were during covid.

Maybe some claimants who have recently completed this process, can advise of their timescales to hopefully give you an approximate idea of time?

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287302 by Squirelly666
Replied by Squirelly666 on topic PIP Review Timescales
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info. 2 Years! that is outrageous! It's as if these "people" (a term I use loosely to describe any of this shower that are currently running the country) don't realise that people need this support, this isn't just some extra pocket money, it's vital support for people in real need. Makes my blood boil!

I think what I'm going to do is give them the 8 weeks I was originally told, then call them to find out what is going on. And then, if I get no joy, or told that it's going to take as long as it takes, I'll give them another 6 weeks after that and then get my MP involved. He's fairly high profile (speaker of the house) so sometimes just mentioning his name get's things done.

I can't wait for a year or more to get the help I need, I have a degenerative condition, and with those sort of timescales, and the progress of my condition, my award would be permanently under review if every time something changed it took a couple of years to sort. It was bad enough when this all first started and they would only give me awards of 1-2 years in length, meaning I was almost permanently dealing with the reclaims procedure (and so many tribunals!), but now I finally got an ongoing award with a 10 year light touch review planned, but my condition has worsened so I'm back on the treadmill of dealing with this all again.

This just seems to never end :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Alybongo65, UB40 Rumrunner, Chris

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287306 by Tina212
Replied by Tina212 on topic PIP Review Timescales
Hi,
I sent my review form in March 2023 and I have just had my award letter through a few days ago. The only contact I had in that time was the 3 monthly text to say they are still processing it. I'd settle yourself in for a potentially long wait. It might well be that different regions have different wait times or it could be the method of assessment. I had a paper based review (thankfully) which you would think would be quicker but still took them a year. They do send you a text to say a decision has been made though, so you know when to wait for the dreaded letter to arrive which will save you pensively awaiting the post arriving each day.
Christina
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Squirelly666, Chris

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287310 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Review Timescales
Hi Squirelly666,

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I despise this government hugely! They're killing the country. People are worse off in every aspect it seems, and I really hope that Sunak and co are gone at the next election. I know the timescales were bad when I was waiting for mine, but that was during covid time, so could've been a huge lack of staff, on top of a lot more claimants. Only time will tell, and only you know what's correct for you to do. I've often contacted my MP in matters of great concern and importance to me, and they're usually really good with helping.
Hopefully it won't be too long, and other claimants may respond with their stories.

Good luck, regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Squirelly666, UB40 Rumrunner

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287652 by Squirelly666
Replied by Squirelly666 on topic PIP Review Timescales
Just a quick update, for others who are looking into timescales at the moment. Just had a text message from IAS, and they've got me booked in for a telephone consultation on 22/2, so it looks like things may in fact be getting handled a little quicker than previously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, UB40 Rumrunner, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.