× Members

Petition, please sign

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287283 by GUNTHER
Petition, please sign was created by GUNTHER
DWP bank surveillance prompts three petitions and a letter to the Times,can be found in the news section, please sign
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Chris, Kelly, The Dog Mother

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287296 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Petition, please sign
Sorry, but I won`t be signing.

As unsavourable as it is, the checks are needed to ensure those claiming state benefits are complying with the rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287311 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Petition, please sign
Hi GUNTHER,

Thank you - I will happily sign another, as I already have several. The invasion of our privacy is disgusting, and how would they like it? I think I speak for thousands, possibly millions who will be more than happy to follow suit.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , The Dog Mother

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287318 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Petition, please sign
I'm with Andrew on this - if there is to be a fair system, then it has to be transparent for it to work.
There is no doubt about it, there are a minority out there that are using/cheating the system - those people make me really sick, but to actually weed them out will necessitate processes being followed and one of those processes will be policing.
Those in genuine need/hardship etc may actually get a better deal if the benefit cheats are stopped.
I know that this is a bitter pill to swallow - as we all feel that we are being tarred with the same brush - but we would hope that with better policing of the system will come better conditions for those worthy of them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287336 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Petition, please sign
Dear Andrew, I'm no more pro fraud than you are. But let investigations be carried out by the police, with the obligation to obtain a search warrant from a court if the person under suspicion must have their premises searched.
The police, in my own experience, are not always what we would wish. But at least they are independent of the DWP. Remember, the Horizon IT system was originally designed for benefit administration - we read it here. And look what happened with all the denials about that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mollie, KABTT , ivyfox, Chris, The Dog Mother

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287339 by GUNTHER
Replied by GUNTHER on topic Petition, please sign
Does anyone know if the combined signatures of all 3 petitions will be respected.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.