× Members

Pip review

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287499 by Richard
Pip review was created by Richard
Hi I and supporting someone with their pip review, this person suffers terribly with anxiety and depression.
We got an extention of 4 weeks because the forms never arrived over Xmas and they had to be returned early January 2024.
Ive sent the forms back and they sent a text saying received 18th January it's been almost 3 weeks the question is does anyone know roughly how long it takes in 2024 as the person is not sleeping or eating with worry and suffers from Dysthymia
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287513 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review
Hi Richard

It's hard to give an accurate answer, because the length of time still varies. The DWP claim that the waiting times have come down - but whether they really have will probably depend on where in the country you are based and how many assessors they have available. (That information isn't in the public domain). I would hope that the claimant will hear within 6 to 8 weeks, but it could be much longer than that - up to 16 weeks or more! We have had members who have been waiting for more than a year.

The timescale also varies depending on which type of assessment they are having. Paper-based assessments happen more quickly. If the claimant is to have a telephone, video or face-to-face assessment - they should be given seven days' notice of the date and time (and place if it is face-to-face). After the assessment has taken place, a report should be available within 48 hours, and the decision will be 4 -6 weeks later.

I'm afraid that's the best I can do and not terribly helpful for the claimant.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287518 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Pip review
Thank you Bis for the kind help it'll reassure him 👍🙏

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287519 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Pip review
I sent daughter's back March 2023, award ends end February 2024, heard nothing until a fortnight ago when I received a letter saying award extended until Feb 2024. A week ago I got a text saying IAS now have my claim. It could be along wait if my experience is anything to go by.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary, Richard

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.