× Members

SAVINGS AND BANK BALANCE JUST OVER £6000 BUT IT VARIOUS WEEK TO WEEK

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287531 by DC
Hi, due to a surge in crypro and investments, & including my bank balance, i now have £6500 in assets, so over the £6000 threshold just, but this changes daily, weekly and monthly, ive written to ESA to tell them and asked how often i need to send in the information, but received no reply. The amount can swing massiveley as bills come out, the market goes up or crashes or i pay for work done on my hpuse which is currently being decorated.

How often do i need to send them this info please#? I have credit card debt of £7000, a lot of which was to buy crypto, so financially, i am actually in debt. Any advice is greatly appreciated
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287537 by Chris
Hi DC,

I'm finding with mine that DWP requests my statements yearly, and same as my local authority, as they use the information to help one another. My local authority funny enough has just requested my income and savings last week, and DWP usually reviews me around June/July time - so I'd say twice per year.
Me personally, because you have a debt, I'd say you're well below the £6,000 - but I must confirm that my credit card debt was NOT taken into account - and also for some strange reason, my local authority has rounded up my savings to the nearest £1,000 - which is way out, by nearly £600! I don't think at times, half the people actually know what they're doing in these departments. I know by my own finances back in 2022, my local authority claimed I owed them nearly £900 C/Tax arrears (which I knew was incorrect) - I contested it, complained, and eventually got someone who knew what they were doing, to check it, and found that they actually owed me £200!!

Not sure if this helps you or not, but this is my own experience.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DC

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287560 by Gordon
DC

Just to clarify.

Chris is incorrect. Your £7000 debt will not be included in the calculation of your assets and savings.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287562 by Chris
Hi Gordon,

It's crazy that! I did mention after, that my credit card debt wasn't taken into consideration, yet if you paid all the debt off, then nothing would be said about it in relation to capital would it ? This system in this country is just all over the place. No wonder people are confused. It beggars belief that a debt isn't taken into consideration.

Regards, Chris.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DC

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287596 by DC
thanks chris, i just dont want to be stung with a maddive bill out of no where
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287598 by DC
ok thanks Gordon, so is it correct that i only neeed to send it in once or twice per year?? what would i need? a full 12 month bank statement and balances of my investments? they change every day so impossible to keep track of

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.