× Members

SAVINGS AND BANK BALANCE JUST OVER £6000 BUT IT VARIOUS WEEK TO WEEK

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288821 by Chris
Hi DC,

I have actually spoken to her about it, but said there's little they can do when it involves Finances and DWP. It all occured because I got a backdated lump sum from PIP and didn't realise that I only had a year to use it, before it was classified as savings income. I tried to earn interest (put it in a fixed rate ISA) and then ended up penalised. It's got me to the point where I was trying to think about my future, but now I'm just living as I was when I was working - drinking, betting, takeaways etc until it's all gone - I think they want the disabled and those on benefits to feel destitute, and I can't beat the system, so just thought "balls to it" - I can't be bothered to fight them anymore. Me personally, I think the £6,000 limit should be £10,000 but hey, I don't run the country or make the rules haha.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289042 by DC
great answer Chris, thanks for replying. Im sure that its not just me and you that are having problems and just think, "sod it", beyond despair. You get penalised for trying to do the right thing and plan for your future. Keep going mate, the £6000 figure definitely needs changing and increasing but like you say, we dont run the country. I suffer with severe anxiety and depression and trying to deal with them just makes me worse. Embarrassing for a so called world leading country & how it treats its people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
1 month 1 week ago #289056 by DC
as expected, received 2 of the dreaded brown envelopes today, demanding bank statements and proof of my investments after informing DWP my capital was over £6000. They acknowleged recieving my letter in january & february, but now demand a detailed statement from my bank which i had already sent them & is easy to provide but also a statement from the bonds i own, for the 2 months, which i find impossible to figure out as the balance can change within a minute. I give up, i would rather live on the streets than have to deal with them. The only positive is it says they just need annual statements, but with no indication of when and where to send them. im done, ive had enough of them, you get punished by trying to do the right thing & cant take much more.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289068 by Gaddy
Hi DC,
I receive a letter once a year with an envelope provided to send an up to date bank statement. So that part is reasonbly straightforward though I always send it recorded delivery
A few years back when i had to remind them I had sent them a letter regarding a small inheritence which they hadn't actioned, my benefits were immediately suspended! They requested 2 years bank statements with receipts for all purchases over £250. I had support from welfare rights who photocopied all my bank statements for me and wrote to them requesting they reinstate my payments immediately as I had not done anything wrong. it was like punishing the claiment for their own incompetence in not actioning my previous correspondence and phone calls. It was all sorted quickly and since then I get the annual letter requesting a single statement
. Your bonds issue is more tricky but I would just send what you can and leave it to them to work out how to interpret it.I remember I felt very much like you about it, being punished for being honest and upfront and it causes a great deal of additional anxiety.
I wish you well whatever you decide to do.

Gaddy
The following user(s) said Thank You: DC

More
1 month 1 week ago #289101 by DC
has anyone else experienced that a pen will not work to reply to what DWP are asking for, but the pen works perfectly fine on normal paper, its like they are trying to trap you and accuse of not responding properly - its like the paper is in some form of wax, meaning my handwriting is scruffy but it works quite fine on any other piece of paper, just curious if anyone else has experienced this???

More
1 month 1 week ago #289133 by Chris
Hi DC,

Never heard of that one before - maybe's they've changed the supplier of the forms to save money - they like doing that :P - Hopefully not long before this awful tory government are given the boot, and someone else can come in and change things for the better.....hopefully!

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: DC

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.