× Members

Independent Assessment Services Letter

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287554 by Alybongo65
Independent Assessment Services Letter was created by Alybongo65
Independent Assessment Services

I would appreciate your opinion please .

Pip interview paperwork . I had returned my assessment paperwork over a year ago was waiting on a response , because it went over my expiry date they extended till December 2024 , I know this was like everyone it was delayed.

January I had a random call which totally took me by surprise, sent me into complete panic. I said I was unable to take the call as I , needed to have my support worker and paperwork ready.

I was told it would be rebooked and I would know have a full assessment, had a letter with times etc

Had I shot myself in the foot …my mind going into overdrive

Had letter confirming date time rebooked Wednesday 31st at 2pm .

Plus a call 30th jan reminding me plus texts

All ready nervous wreck . With my support worker , bag of nerves, I get the call at that exact time , to be told it’s canceled they need to reschedule.

I was big time triggered why such a last minute cancellation, we only got told this morning !!! Ow I ment just a little while ago.

It was booked there and then as a recorded interview with my support worker. A letter confirming time date , would be sent it arrived today .

This letter says the interview will be held by independent service . letter looks reads completely differently to my last letter with appointment that was canceled last min

I am already panicking overthinking after the last 2 experiences.
Unexpected call
Interview cancellation at actual time of booked appointment.

Having read so many people’s experiences most very worrying full off panic about long emotional time scale off hours repetition of many Questions. Not experienced in area off person disability who’s being interviewed.

It’s such a difficult process. I have severe mental health issues. Which sadly have deteriorated, which they are aware off . So my mind is on overdrive panic. Triggering my already strong emotions.

My last interview was 5 years ago and was just a quick call.

Thanks for reading .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287565 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Independent Assessment Services Letter
Hi Alybongo65

I'm sorry that you find yourself in this position. What has happened is quite common and although feels sinister I don't think it is.

The first call - I think from what you've written, this was someone from the DWP wanting to ask you a couple of questions about your application. Unfortunately, they never make this clear, and you rightly said you wanted your paperwork and your support worker with you. This then led them to say they would have to do a proper assessment.

Assessment was set up and cancelled at the last minute - This happens quite often. I'm not trying to defend what happened, but if a member of staff is sick or absent for any other reason - they just don't have the capacity to get someone else to do it. And yes, it's awful for anyone like yourself to wait for a call that then doesn't take place, all at the last minute.

Told another assessment will be arranged - I'm sorry that you now have to wait until this takes place. I don't know what your support worker is like, but even at this stage, they could contact the assessment services on your behalf and try to get them to do a paper-based assessment. They don't have to agree - but if your support worker is willing to tell them about the detrimental effect this is having on your mental health - they may do.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alybongo65

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287591 by Alybongo65
Replied by Alybongo65 on topic Independent Assessment Services Letter
Thankyou so much for your easy to follow reply it’s much appreciated, I will ask my support worker nothing gained and all that jazz

You do a great job I’ve been a member over 5 years and have found the right invaluable and recommended it to all my support workers and people who are struggling to understand these stressful forms and questions and miss understanding off our heath well being .
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.