× Members

PIP Telephone Review

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287555 by max7months
PIP Telephone Review was created by max7months
Hi. So… I’ve received my report, which I requested. Mostly accurate.
A few things they never asked & I didn’t mention.
Looks like they’ve said I still receive the lower rate care 8 points.
But I received 4 points for moving about.
Which I’ve never had before.
Even though 5 years ago I explained the same issues, on moving about.
This doesn’t actually change anything? between 50 and 200 metres?
They don’t add these together.
Any advice on the 4 points? To receive 8?
Also I don’t want to jepodise my care points.
Obviously I haven’t had a decsion yet from DWP As only had phone assessment last week & received report today.
Any advice much appreciated. Thankyou :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287567 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Telephone Review
Hi max7months.

It's hard to give you any suggestions without having any idea of what limits your mobility. Obviously, the DWP thinks that you are more mobile than you are. So what are they saying, and what evidence do you have to show they are wrong? What happens when you walk? Have you explained it all to them - and what happens when you do so. Have you explained the symptoms you experience and what condition impacts your mobility? Do they know about any medication you have to take? Does the medication impact on your mobility? I could go on. There are lots of different things you could talk about (an perhaps you already have but you will need to do so again in a different way if they are not getting it. n Make sure that you have read the Guide to PIP claims and reviews and see if you have given them enough information to strengthen your argument that they have made the wrong decision.

If you have told them that you go shopping - they will automatically say that you can walk 50 to 200 metres. I only mention that because it's something that a lot of people find themselves apparently penalised by that. If that is true in your case - then you will have to tell them more of what happens when you walk and how your mobility is limited before 50 metres.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: max7months, planet48#

More
2 months 3 weeks ago #287584 by max7months
Replied by max7months on topic PIP Telephone Review
Thank you!
Yes I did mention shopping!
To local shop a couple of times a week. Driving, not walking.
So will have another read up.
Suppose at least I got 4! Non last time 5 years ago.
Assessor was much better, then the one that visited me at home & lied!
So a much better experience, 🙏🏻

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.