× Members

52 weeks back payment start date?

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287566 by Resyst
52 weeks back payment start date? was created by Resyst
Hi there, just wondering from when the 52 weeks back paid moneys is considered disregarded starts from:
Is it from the date I took the test?
Or when I got the award letter?

I'm guessing it's the latter but not sure and can't seem to find a precise answer.

This was from a PiP back payment

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287576 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic 52 weeks back payment start date?
Hi Resyst

I am not sure by what you mean from when the 52 weeks back paid money is considered.

I assume that you are talking about PIP and you have received a decision letter.

Usually PIP will be backdated to the date when you contacted DWP to apply for PIP. If you returned the forms late then PIP will be backdated to when DWP received your completed forms, more often than not your claim would be cancelled if returned late. So I would say from when you first applied for PIP.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287645 by Resyst
Replied by Resyst on topic 52 weeks back payment start date?
Sorry, I had a feeling I'd have to further explain when writing my post.

The situation is basically this,:
* last year I had a reassessment for PiP.
* I got a higher a rate and as a result got a back payment.
* This backpayment went into my bank putting me over the 6K threshold
* I was told this payment isn't counted as my funds and would be considered to have whatever was in my bank before the money went in for 52 weeks.
* I have had 'difficulty' spending this money because I'm basically so used to being extremely frugal, so not buying anything I don't absolutely need
* As a result my total funds probably at this point still total slightly over the 6K threshold so am wondering when my 'disregarded' moneys comes to an end.
* My award letter was dated March last year and the assessment was in February

Hope this clarifies things a bit better.

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287650 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 52 weeks back payment start date?
R

What means-tested benefit are you receiving in addition to your PIP?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287662 by Resyst
Replied by Resyst on topic 52 weeks back payment start date?
Universal Credit

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #287672 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic 52 weeks back payment start date?
Hi Resyst

Your backdated benefit will not be classed as savings for one year, after which it will be classed as savings.

If you have over £6k in savings for every bundle of £250 or part of, you loose £1 in tariff income from each of your means tested benefit. If you have over £16k in savings you will loose any means tested benefit you have.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.